1. What documents are required to be enrolled to the University?
To be enrolled to the Bachelor, Master, Post-graduate programmes or to the Secondary Professional Education programme a foreign citizen has to submit a set of documents to the International Students Training Department (room 224):
To be enrolled to the Preparatory courses programmes you will need to supply the following documents:
2. When can I apply to the University?
Applicants for Bachelor, Master, Post-Graduate or Secondary Professional Education courses full-time or evening part-time training should submit documents from mid-July.The deadline is August 31. The correspondent course applicants can submit documents until September 30.
PLEASE NOTE! The University can change the documents intake process period. Please check the information on the site or contact the International Students Training Department (room 224).
The documents for the Pre-University courses can be submitted from June 1 to March 1. Groups are formed as students are recruited.
3. How to get an invitation to study at University?
If you are going to enter PenzGTU and you are a foreign citizen from a country with visa regime, you should get an official invitation from PenzGTU to apply for an entry visa to the Russian Federation.
Supply the following documents to receive an invitation:
Send these documents by email to the University migration office specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What purpose of entry must be indicated in the migration card?
For students of all forms of training the purpose of entry is education (the purpose of entry is stated in visa) so make sure you indicate it.
Check carefully the migration card (especially the spelling of your surname/name (it must match the name/surname in your visa), the purpose of entry) before passing the checkpoint at the state border and keep it safe.
In case of misspelling your surname/name in the migration card, the procedure of your registration on the territory of the Russian Federation will be impossible and you will have to leave.
During the first 3 days of your arrival to the Russian Federation foreign students must visit the University migration office (room 220, 8:30 – 17:00) to be registered at the Federal migration service.
5. When should a foreign citizen arrive at the University after crossing the state border?
During the first 3 days of arrival to the Russian Federation a foreign citizen must visit the International Students Training Department (room 220, 8:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri) to be informed about the rules of residence on the territory of the Russian Federation and to be registered at the Federal migration service with the following documents:
6. What should I do if I lost migration card/registration?
If you lose your national passport, visa or migration card/registration (or they were stolen) you should without delay:
1. Notify the International Students Training Department (room 220) by any possible way;
2. Make a declaration of the fact to the nearest police station at the place of your residence or to the police station where you probably lost the document or it was stolen.
3. You will be issued a police certificate about the loss(theft) of a particular document (the certificate must be issued immediately otherwise your stay on the territory of the Russian Federation will be considered illegal. It will further be needed to replace the lost documents). After that you must present the police certificate to the employees responsible for international admissions at the International Students Training Department.
7. What are the terms of payment for training?
You can pay for training as follows:
For Bachelor, Master, Specialist and Secondary Professional Education Programmes students:
For Postgraduate students
1 payment (50% of the tuition fees) – before the training in autumn term starts (up to October 1)
2 payment (50% of the tuition fees) - before the training in spring term starts (up to March 1)
8. Who is provided with a hall of residence?
The hall of residence provides temporary accomodation for
9. Do I have to take out medical insurance?
In accordance with the Federal Law № 114-FZ of August 15 1996 every international student must have health insurance for the whole residing period in the Russian Federation regardless of the form of training.
Health insurance is obligatory if you are going to enter Penza State Technological University (PenzGTU) (if you don't have a state health insurance policy).
All foreign citizens must have a 086/y form certificate about health examinations of specialists (health checks) and vaccination (a vaccination certificate).