Russia, 440039, Penza, Pr. Baidukova / Ul. Gagarina, 1a / 11, block 1, room 220, 221, 224

Important information

Admission Procedure for Foreign Citizens


1. Submitting the necessary documents for getting an entry invitation in Penza (the Russian Federation)

To get an invitation from Penza State Technological University (PenzGTU) one should send scanned copies of the following documents to the Foreign Students’ Education Department by e-mail (

•    International passport;
•    Education document(s);
•    Russian translation of your passport;
•    Russian translation of Education document(s) notarized by the Consulate (the Embassy) in your home country.

If you can’t submit the above mentioned scanned translations, you’ll have to do it after entering the Russian Federation. You’ll have to use the services of certified interpreters and to notarize the documents.

Note! It is also important to inform the Department about your current e-mail address.


2. Getting an invitation and processing a visa


Your invitation will be prepared within 25-30 days and after that will be immediately e-mailed to you.

The invitation gives you the right to apply for an entry visa in the Russian Embassy or Consulate in your home country (

Mind, please, that you can’t get the Russian visa if the expiration date of your passport is less than 18 months after the date of your would-be entry into the Russian Federation.


Some would-be students of preparatory courses must have their education documents legalized.  The list of countries citizens of which do not have to legalize the education documents can be found here If your home country has not been mentioned in the list, the legalization of documents is obligatory.

Documents can be legalized within the country of issue in the Consular Department of the RF Embassy.

Would-be students of Bachelor, Master and Post-graduate programs also must nostrificate their education documents, i.e. to recognize foreign education documents as legal. For more details see:


3. Migration documents


To cross the border of the Russian federation you are to have the following documents:

•    International passport;
•    Russian visa; for training in Russia you are to have “Student’s’” visa;
•    Migration Card (filled in in airports before border control); it is obligatory to underline “Education” in the Migration Card in the column “Purpose of Visit”.


4. Arrival to Russia


On getting your visa and buying airway tickets you are to inform Foreign Students’ Education Department about the date of your arrival in Penza (

You can get from Moscow to Penza:

- by plane (from Domodedovo airport –;
- by train (from Kazansky railway station –;
- by coach (from Shchelkovsky bus station).

In Penza we work only on weekdays (from Monday to Friday) in 1a, Baydukov proyezd  / 11, Gagarin St. /, building 1, rooms 220, 224, tel.+7 (8412) 20-42-41.

Working hours of Foreign Students’ Education Department: 9.00 - 17.00 (local time - GMT+03:00).

On the arrival at the university within 21 days you are to apply for a long-term training visa. The visa tax is 1600 rub.


5. Migration registration and dormitory checking-in


After arriving at Penza you are to get migration registration submitting the following documents to Foreign Students’ Education Department:

•    International passport;
•    Copies of some pages from your international passport (pages with your photo, name and surname, date and place of birth, passport number and expiration date, entry passport stamp);
•    Copy of your Russian visa;
•    Migration Card with an entry stamp;
•    Copy of your Migration Card with an entry stamp;
•    6 matte photos (3 × 4);
•    Standard form for migration registration (filled in in the Department).


6. Documents for enrollment


To apply for Bachelor, Master or Post-graduate programme you are to submit the following documents to Admission Office of PenzGTU (1a, Baydukov proyezd / 11,Gagarin St., building 1, room 101):

•    Documents in the original (see par.1). They are to be legalized in a proper way;
•    Clean bill of health (about socially dangerous infectious diseases);
•    Clean bill of HIV (the bill is valid within 90 days since the date of medical testing);
•    Vaccination certificate;
•    6 matte photos (3 x 4) with the applicant surname written in pencil on the backside of each photo 


If you don’t have the clean bill of health (about socially dangerous infectious diseases), the clean bill of HIV or vaccination certificate, you’ll be subject to medical observation until you get the documents mentioned above. 


7. Medical examination


Within 5 days after your arrival at Penza you are to be medically examined. Every student is to have medical insurance.  If you have medical insurance covering expenses of medical testing, the procedure will be free for you. Seek advice on getting medical insurance policy and passing medical examination applying for the Foreign Students’ Education Department of the university.

The price of medical insurance is about 4500 rub.


8. Entrance tests

To be enrolled to the university you are to pass entrance tests according to the established Entrance Procedure. After passing the entrance tests successfully, you will be enrolled to the university and start your studies.

Preparatory courses do not require any entrance tests.


9. Enrollment

Enrollment order is issued in several days prior to the beginning of the academic year. The academic year for first year students starts on September 1st, for students of the Preparatory courses the academic year starts as soon as enough students are enrolled.


You will be enrolled to the University as soon as you pay tuition fee (in accordance with the education contract) and dormitory fee (in accordance with the residential lease agreement).


10. Payment for dormitory.


While studying at the university, each student can rent an apartment or live in a student dormitory. The price is 3000 rubles per month. The payment must be made immediately for the whole period of living. Also, the university does not cover students’ expenses for travelling, meals and other needs.